Lethal levels of Carbon Monoxide were found this morning in a #Gravenhurst home
Shortly after 2:15 a.m. firefighters responded to a residence on Fernwood Drive after a homeowner reporting an activated carbon monoxide (CO) alarm.
They found a reading of 600ppm of CO, a level that is lethal if exposed to for a short period of time.
The occupants were outside when they arrived and the gas was shut off and the residence was ventilated.
The source was a blocked exterior furnace vent, forcing all output CO to remain in the home.
Breyan Sinnott, a Gravenhurst fire prevention officer, says this emergency underscores the importance of immediate evacuation when your CO alarm enters full activation and to call 9-1-1 from outside the home.