Ontario high school teachers will hit the picket lines once again, if a deal cannot be reached with the government.
The Ontario Secondary School Teachers' Federation (OSSTF) has announced that members would hold another one-day walkout on Wednesday, December 11 amid ongoing contract disputes to put pressure on the province.
The union says the job action will only impact nine select school boards, unlike the province-wide walkout that happened this past week.
The affected school boards include:
• Simcoe County District School Board
• Simcoe Muskoka Catholic District School Board
• Trillium Lakelands District School Board
• Brant Haldimand Norfolk Catholic District School Board
• Grand Erie District School Board
• Hastings and Prince Edward District School Board
• Near North District School Board
• Rainy River District School Board
• Toronto District School Board
On the same day, OSSTF/FEESO members in other school boards will hold information pickets in front of schools, at MPPs’ offices, and in other locations throughout the entire province.
High school teachers say they are pushing back against government plans to increase class sizes and introduce mandatory e-learning courses.
But the Progressive Conservative government says the key issue at the bargaining table is wages.
For more details, please click here.